Saturday, April 23, 2016

What Pics do you release for your Wedding Photography Clients?

When you photograph a wedding do you only give your clients your best shots?

Most Professional Photographers will say yes to that but I have always had a slightly different approach.

I have a view that any picture taken is better than one that is not taken.

Mostly that is.

Sometimes I believe we should not pull the trigger.

Seem my link to a previous post on this.

 http://geoffthompsonsblog.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/when-not-to-take-photograph.html

There are however pictures that mean a lot to people even though the shot may have virtually no artistic or photographic merit.

I always had the view that there may be a pic that had some emotional significance.

In that thought I always showed my customers the rejects in case there was something important.

My grandmother was virtually staying alive to come to our wedding.

She died a few months later.

A couple of snaps taken by others that show she was there were very important to me.

I have known people to lose a parent even before they came back from their honeymoon,

Some guests at a wedding we were videoing lost their little baby who was at the wedding a few days after the wedding.

Sometimes just the expressions on the faces or the significance of what was happening in the moment are priceless regardless of the merits of the pic as a wedding image.

Of course so many people are taking images as guests these days that some of the special moments  are likely to be captured.

This Granny  had just had a pacemaker fitted for her heart condition. She died a few short weeks after this wedding of her eldest grandaughter.
These pics show how much she enjoyed being there and are priceless.








No comments:

Post a Comment